Thursday, September 02, 2004

Holy Foggy City, Batman

Okay, so I've been slacking.
Since my last couple of posts, I have relocated to a foggy city by the bay, three-thousand miles away, to the picturesque urban salad called San Francisco.

For the first ten days, I stayed in this charming little hostel (which grew less and less charming as the days went by). Most hostels could very easily be called 'hostiles' instead. You have to have everything constantly under lock and key and it is almost always necessary to sleep with one eye open. This place, however, was great. It is located right on Fisherman's Warf. I stayed in a room that had such an amazing view-- I could see Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge from my window.

The place is wonderful, and cheap. It is the cheapest lodging you will find in San Francisco (at $25.00/night). The only problem is that you have to deal with the snoring of the asshole in the bunk next to you. One of the rooms that I was in had 12 people staying in it at once.

Even though it is a bit cramped, it is probably the nicest hostel in San Francisco, and possibly the nicest in the country. They give you a well intended breakfast every morning of bagels and coffee, and dinner is only five dollars.

Read all about it:here

I have found the perfect place! I live with two of the craziest and most eclectic homos I have ever met. One is this insanely talented Brazilian artist, and the other is a sweet and quiet accountant from North Carolina. My room is great. It’s fairly large, and I have my own bathroom! The best part is that I am a stone’s throw from Castro Street.

San Francisco is a great city. I think everyone should visit here at least once. I’m not so sure that I want to live here anymore though. I think that years from now I will be happy that I had the experience, but I will be ready to settle down someplace more reasonable.

1 Comments:

Blogger abbiapple said...

Mom, doesn't the label on your medication bottle advise against operating heavy machinery? (namely your keyboard...)
~A

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home