Thursday, July 22, 2004

July 21st at 2:58 AM...

My little sister had a beautiful baby girl.  Her name is Lillian Rene.  She is seven pounds, eleven ounces and nineteen inches long.  She has beautiful blue eyes and dark red hair.
This is her second child.  She had her first four years ago on August 6th 2000.  My nephew, Bradley is a handful, but I love him dearly.  It always makes my day when he feels like talking to me on the phone.

The conversations are never too deep, but that's okay.  It always goes something like this: Me: "Hey Bradley!  How are you today?"  Bradley: "Good.  I watch Sponge-Bob and mommy spank my butt for putting my peanut butter in the PlayStation." 
Me: "Wow! It sounds like you've had an exciting day!"  Bradley:  "What's your name?" Me: "I'm your Aunt Audrie, remember, from Texas?"  Bradley: "Oh yeah!! Shister! From Texas. I need to go to Chuckie Cheese REAL BAD!" Me: "Well, if you are a good boy, I'll take you next time."
Bradley:  "I'm a big brother, I help with diapers, but mom cleans the poop, because poop is nasty."  Me: "Yes, poop is nasty."  Bradley:  "Okay, I love you, bye bye!"  Me: "Don't hang up I want to talk to your mo-"
Dial tone.

Kids are great, as long as you can give them back when they start to get bitchy or smell bad.
I love my nephew, and my new neice, and I look forward to watching them grow up into teenagers, get busted for smoking pot, graduate from high school, go to college, get busted for smoking pot, and then someday get a job and support me.

Actually, I look forward to spoiling them rotten and driving my little sister nuts.  Big sis knows best, and she best not forget it.

The littlest sis has yet to make much comment, other than to "ooo" and "awww" at the cute little clucking baby noises coming from the other end of the phone.  The littlest sis is on the serious track.  She's going to be a forensic pathologist.  Sounds spooky eh?  It is.  She wants to work with dead people and their gory remnants.  Quite the odd profession for one so committed to her religion and cute, sweet boyfriend.  Pictures of new babies, and four year olds will be posted, as soon as they are available.

I've had two beers.  Its midnight.  I'm tipsy.  Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home