Thursday, November 18, 2004

If only it were just a reality show

Well, I feel a lot better now that the whole election thing is over.
Actually, no, I don’t. I was hoping that the victor would have won honestly.
For a while, I was actively ignoring claims that votes were counted twice, some votes went uncounted, machines were tampered with… etc. Well, hell. Now even CNN is saying that 2,600 votes were counted twice in Ohio. AP is reporting that in some Ohio districts 4,000 more people voted than were registered.

I’m no statistician, mathematician or genius (unless you ask my mother), but I assumed that most American people were smart enough to realize… but apparently they aren’t. They are either tragically ignorant or way too comfortable with their financial situation to vote for the greater good… or maybe Kerry just sucked so bad, lacked innovation, idea and… fuck it. Americans are stupid. That’s the answer. We are all a bunch of mass-consuming, egocentric, ethnocentric, racist, apathetic, fat-asses. Even a horrible national tragedy didn’t hit close enough to home to make us realize that there are things more important than driving a fucking SUV with personalized license plates.

I give up. I’m going to continue making empty threats to move to Canada until one day I finally hop on a plane and go for good… maybe Mexico instead… or Europe.

In other news: another case of mad cow has surfaced somewhere in the mid-west. Is it going to take an epidemic for people to stop eating meat?

Anyway, while I’m on my soap box, November 25th is “Buy Nothing Day”. Read about it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home