Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bush vs. Greenhouse Gases

Global warming? What global warming? The hurricanes are because of God's wrath against the homos!

What does NOAA know? It's not like they're a governmentalistic agency or anything. Aren't they just another liberal wack-job mud-slinging organization? I don't care what they say. Americans should be able to drive their SUV's as much and as long as they want to. There should be no restrictions on factory CO2 emissions! It would be plain un-democratic to impose such restrictions...



"The strongest hurricanes in the present climate may be upstaged by even more intense hurricanes over the next century as the earth's climate is warmed by increasing levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere... An implication of these studies is that if the frequency of tropical cyclones remains the same over the coming century, a greenhouse-gas induced warming may lead to a gradually increasing risk in the occurrence of highly destructive category-5 storms."


Fig. 1. Comparison of simulated hurricane intensities for present-day (thin line) and future (thick line) climate conditions assuming an 80-year build-up of atmospheric CO2 at 1%/yr compounded. The results are aggregated from sets of experiments using nine different global climate model projections and four different versions of a high-resolution hurricane prediction model.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dread Pirate Robert said...

Greenhouse gases? Aren't those a result of growing marijuana in your basement? No no no, you must be mistaken. GOD makes hurricanes, not SUVs...

10:21 PM  
Blogger abbiapple said...

...alright Jack ass. Did you read the NOAA study? Do that, and then make dumb-ass comments.

11:13 PM  
Blogger abbiapple said...

...or was that sarcasm? I couldn't tell. In which case, I apologize. If not. You're still a jack ass.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Dread Pirate Robert said...

Um, maybe it didn't come through the keyboard, but that was sarcasm. Unless that little bit you posted in front of the NOAA study was serious? If only Dubya had spent as much on hurricane preparedness as he did on funding anti-reality pseudo-scientist global warming denials that profit the oil companies.

BTW, you spelled "jackass" wrong. Twice.

9:14 AM  
Blogger abbiapple said...

hah. Jack Ass! Jackass. Jack-ass.
I spell poorly when I'm heated...
okay, I spell poorly all the time.

I do get the sarcasm now, especially after reading some of your own writing.

(I do get a lot of nut-job publicans who make jackass (better?) comments on my blog... I guess I have a bit of a hair trigger.)

Anyway, my apologies. Chalk that one up to PMS, and lets be buds, okay?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Dread Pirate Robert said...

It's a deal. Anyway, I should have been clearer. Maybe I thought I was funnier than I actually was. Or maybe I was high. I just happened to find your blog through random surfing, and thought you were funny, intelligent, and generally shared some of my opinions on things. Cheers and keep writing!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home